Registration for Bank Alfalah Internet Banking
The terms and conditions set out below govern your use of the BAFL Internet Banking providing you online access and shall operate as legally binding between us as governing our relationship.
- Scope: These terms and conditions govern our relationship regarding the website https://netbanking.bankalfalah.com/ Bank Alfalah Limited and its branches in Bangladesh (“BAFL”) reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time, without any prior notice to you or consent obtained from you. Any such change may be notified to you, in writing or by being published on the Site. These terms and conditions shall be in addition to and not in derogation of the terms and conditions that are applicable to any accounts that are maintained with BAL.
- Security of Passwords: You agree that you are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password which is used to access your account through the SITE (“Password”). You agree to immediately notify us if your Password is lost, stolen, disclosed to an unauthorized third party or otherwise may have been compromised. You agree to immediately notify us of any other breach of security in relation to the Site that comes to be known to you. You agree that you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur using your Password whether or not you are the individual who undertakes such activities. You should change your Password regularly and make sure that you do not choose a Password you have already used before.
- Security Questions: Secret questions will be available on the Form and customer shall choose any one question and provide an answer on the Form. While assigning services of BAFL internet banking with all other fields, secret questions & its answers will be incorporated in BAFL system & same security question will appear in validation window & once customer will provide answer of that security question, system will verify from already incorporated answer.
- Charges: Bank shall charge financial charges such as annual charges and any other charges as per schedule of charges on each and every transaction or as the Bank may determine from time to time, such charges shall be debited from the account of the customer and customer hereby agrees/acknowledges the debit authority of the bank for charges.
- Tax: All the applicable tax as per governing law shall debited by the bank.
- Contents & Services: We reserve the right to change or discontinue the contents and services made available on the Site at any time, without any prior notice to you.
- Evidence: Customer agrees that:
(a) The instructions, though in electronic form, are written documents. Customer shall not dispute or challenge the validity or enforce ability of any instruction on the grounds that it is not a written document and customer hereby waive any such right customer may have at law;
(b) The instructions, though in electronic form, are original documents and that customer shall not challenge the admissibility of any instruction on the grounds that it is made in electronic form
(c) Any exchange of instructions in electronic form which, if made in writing would constitute a binding contract, will similarly bind both the bank and customer as a binding contract and will satisfy any rule of law or evidence that such a contact has to be made in writing.
- Shared Facilities: You are advised not to have access to the services being provided to you under this Agreement by using any device available at a public place or any device which might be shared with others. Such user/usage may expose you to risks or breach of the security, integrity and confidentiality of your use of the Site. You must not leave your System unattended while you are logged online to the BAFL Internet Banking. Make sure that you have logged off after each session.
- System Integrity: You may not use any device software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or a transaction relating to it.
- Virus Protection: You must take all reasonably practicable measures to ensure that any computer or other device from which you access the BAFL Internet Banking is free of any computer virus or similar device or software including but not restricted to, devices commonly known as software bombs, Trojan horses and worms (together “Viruses”) and is adequately maintained in every way. The BAFL Internet Banking can be accessed through the internet on personal computers or via public internet cafes over which we have no control. You must therefore ensure that any computer or other device you use to access the BAFL Internet Banking is adequately protected against acquiring Viruses. BAFL shall not be liable for any loss, damages and/or costs sustained by the customer as a result of any Viruses in any computer or other device used by the customer to access the his/her account through the SITE using BAFL Internet Banking.
(a) You acknowledge that internet-based communications might not be totally secure and despite best efforts, there remains the risk of unauthorized access and hacking. Bank Alfalah Limited, therefore, does not assume any liability for unauthorized invasion of the Site by third party or corruption of the data. “Third Party” shall mean any individual, company, entity, government institution division department etc., clandestine group, apparatus or outfit, electronic or computer systems etc. who acts without any express lawful authority for such invasion from Bank Alfalah Limited
(b) If you become aware of any transaction on any of your accounts that has not been performed by you, you must notify us immediately by calling your concerned Bank Alfalah Limited Branch.
- Site Material: Nothing on this Site should be interpreted to be any invitation or offer relating to an investment or to engage in any other transaction. Bank Alfalah Limited assumes no risk or responsibility as regards use of the contents of the Site including the information or communication from any cyber linked sites.
- Copyright and Trademark: All contents of the Site including domain name, contents within the Site, such as text, graphics, icons, images and software (“Materials”) is the exclusive property of Bank Alfalah Limited. Bank Alfalah Limited authorizes to you to view and download the Materials of this Site only for your own use. The Materials may not be modified in any way or reproduced or displayed or used for any public or commercial purpose. The trademarks, site marks and logos used and displayed on the Site are the property of Bank Alfalah Limited. Nothing on the Site should be construed as granting any license or right to use mark, site marks or logos without written permission of Bank Alfalah Limited.
- Third Party Cyber Links: Any cyber links available on the Site do not constitute endorsement by the Bank and affiliates of the opinions or views of such third party. Bank Alfalah Limited does not verify, endorse, or take responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or quality of the contents contained in such Sites. Furthermore, Bank Alfalah Limited is not responsible for the quality or delivery of the products or services accessed, obtained by or advertised at such Sites. Bank Alfalah Limited will under no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or special loss or damage whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, any tort, infringement of copyright or other intellectual rights caused by the exhibition or distribution or exploitation of any information or contents contained in these third parties cyber link sites. Third Party shall be any party defined hereinabove.
- Privacy: Bank Alfalah Limited shall be retaining and using information relating to you in its computers and on the Site in any manner it deems fit whether such information has been obtained directly from you or from any third sources. By agreeing to use the Site, you hereby authorize Bank Alfalah Limited to do all that may be necessary to check any issues relating to integrity of your use and visit to the Site and you do further authorize the Bank to disclose information to any competent authority and courts. Bank Alfalah Limited shall endeavor to maintain confidentiality regarding the information at the Site. However, such information may be disclosed in the following circumstances:
a) If disclosure of information is required by Bank Alfalah Limited in any litigation or proceedings before a public authority relating to the Site.
b) To persons acting as agents or advisors of Bank Alfalah Limited.
c) To any person to whom Bank Alfalah Limited transfer its rights and duties.
d) If so required by law, by regulatory authorities or as may be in accordance with a directive from any courts, government authority and the market practices.
- No Warranties: Although due care is taken but Bank Alfalah Limited makes no representation or provides any warranty whether express or implied as regards the completeness of any information accessed from the Site.
- Severability: If any of these terms and conditions turns out to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Entire Agreement: This is the entire Agreement between the parties relating to matters contained herein and shall not be modified except in writing.
- Force Majeure & System Availability:
(a) We will not be liable in any manner for failure to perform under this Agreement for any reasons including the reason that it is caused by power outages, internet outages, communication outages, fire, flood, earthquakes, hurricanes, war, civil commotion, acts of God, strikes, industrial disputes, or the occurrence of any other unforeseen contingencies beyond our control.
(b) Bank Alfalah Limited shall take reasonably practicable steps to have the Bank Alfalah Limited Internet Banking Service available for use. You accept that in case of routine maintenance or excess demand on the systems and circumstances beyond Bank Alfalah Limited control, it may not always be possible for the Bank Alfalah Limited Internet Banking to be available during its normal operating hours.
- Disclaimer: The Site is being provided to you on an “as is” basis. No representation or warranties of any kind express or implied, including warranty of fitness for particular purpose, as to the operation of the Site or the nature of accuracy of the information included in the Site is being furnished. Bank Alfalah Limited and its affiliates will not be liable for any loss and damages of any kind arising from the use of the Site or arising from any alleged negligence of the Bank including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
- Data Integrity: You acknowledge that in case any dispute arose between you and Bank Alfalah Limited as regards the correct version of any records to which you would be having online access, the records as reflected in the database of Bank Alfalah Limited itself and certified by an officer of Bank Alfalah Limited to be correct, shall prevail.
- Restriction as to Unauthorized Use of Data: You shall not utilize the print outs of data available online at any Forum or law enforcement agency unless the same has been issued by Bank Alfalah Limited and duly certified to be correct by an authorized officer of the Bank.
- Release: You hereby release and forever discharge Bank Alfalah Limited and its officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates, and their respective successors and assigns from any or all liability claims, counterclaims, demands, set off, damages, or any other causes of action, which may accrue, whether known or unknown, arising out of or in any way relating to use of the Site by you or involving your password specifically including but not limited to any claims based in whole or in part upon alleged negligence, in operating the Site or otherwise relating to it.
- Jurisdictional Issues: Access to and use of the Site is permissible under the all laws, rules and regulations that apply to BAL. If you access this Site from any other location, you will do so at your own initiative and be responsible for compliance with the local laws, to the extent they are applicable.
- Governing Laws: This Agreement is governed by the laws of Bangladesh and the courts of Bangladesh shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the matter.
- Termination: Bank Alfalah Limited reserves the right to terminate your access to the Site at any time without citing any reasons. Certain products and services that the customer uses or accesses via Internet Baking such as the bank account of services the customer accesses are subjected to their own terms and conditions. This agreement (governing the use of internet banking) must be read together with and forms part of each other’s product agreement. In the event of conflict between this agreement and such other terms, the provisions of such other terms will prevail to the extent of the conflict.
I/ We hereby acknowledge that we have read and understood the terms and condition related to the above service request mentioned in BAFL Internet Banking Enrollment form and agreed to comply with them. I/We also hereby acknowledge that we are fully aware of the associated risks of using BAFL Internet Banking and also agreed to bear that risk. I/We also accept that BAFL Internet Banking is subject to compliance of applicable prevailing regulations and schedule of charges of BAFL and I shall not take or utilize print outs or use the Data at any forum whatsoever, unless said data has been issued by BAFL and certified by its authorized official(s).